- We regard your privacy as important and we recognise that we are obliged to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- We do not capture and store any personal information about website visitors, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email, or by using an electronic form, or enquiring about any of our activities.
- We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary to deal with your request.
- Upon request we will inform you whether personal information is stored by us. You may write to :
The Church Secretary,
United Church Ferndown
505 Wimborne Road East
Dorset BH 22 9NF
- If you have concerns about the processing of your personal data by the Church you may contact the Church Minister or our Data Protection Officer at the address above, or:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
Cheshire, SK9 5AX.
- We will not disclose any personal information to any other third parties unless allowed or required by law.
- There are some circumstances where your consent may not be sought, for example:
- To prevent serious harm to others
- To help prevent or prosecute crime
- As a requirement of statute law or because a court has asked for it
Our Church Privacy notice is included here so that we can refer to it in other communications.
Under Data Protection legislation the church Charity Trustees of United Church Ferndown are the Data Controller and the Minister acts as our Data Protection Officer. We are collecting this information to enable the church to keep in touch with you and provide pastoral support as appropriate. Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information as we regard it as being in the church’s legitimate interest.
Your name and contact details will be entered into our church database which is held on the church computer which is securely protected, and is administered by the Church Secretary, who will also keep this form. This will be shared only with the Minister, the Trustee Responsible for Safeguarding and the Treasurer. Your contact details will be removed from the database if you are no longer involved with the church.
The minister’s appointments diary may retain contact details for other people he has met with or visited which will not be shared with anybody else. For legal reasons this information will be retained indefinitely.
With the exception of confirming whether an individual is a member of the church and/or has been baptised as a believer, the church keeps no record of sensitive data.
You may download our full Data Protection Policy from this link
Our Kids Club Privacy notice is also included here for reference.
Kids Club Consent/Privacy Notice
We collect contact information so we can run Kids Club safely and get in touch with you (or another nominated adult) in case of an emergency.
Under Data Protection legislation the Trustees of United Church Ferndown are the ‘Data Controller’, and there is a nominated Data Protection Trustee.
Data Protection legislation allows us to process this information, as the Church has a legitimate interest. If you are unable to supply the information requested, then we wouldn’t be able to accept your child at our Holiday Club, as it wouldn’t be safe for us to do so.
The information you supply will be held in paper form, and will be kept securely in the church office. Only the Ministers and the Kids Club leaders will have access to this information.
The forms will be destroyed once Holiday Club has finished unless you have ticked the box asking us to keep you informed about future activities we think your child might be interested in attending. If you do that, we will keep your details for the sole purpose of notifying you of such events. We will NOT pass this information to anyone else. You have the right to ask to be removed from this circulation list at any time.
You have the right to ask to see any information we hold about you by requesting it from the Church Secretary. You also have the right to ask for information which you believe to be incorrect to be rectified.
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled please speak to our Data Protection Trustee firstname.lastname@example.org or to our minister Rev Bob Almond, at the church or by email to email@example.com. If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.